Tutorials are one of the most searched options if you are looking for creating the most searched content on a website. However, explaining things on a computer can be one of the most challenging tasks ever. That is perhaps where a screenshot would be much helpful. If you are looking to create perfect content with easy-to-understand tips, it may be worthwhile to learn how to take a screenshot on Chromebook.
If you have been using Windows, you will find taking a screenshot on Chromebook a slightly different option. However, you will definitely find the options quite simple and easy to follow, just as in the case of Windows. Keyboard shortcuts do play a significant role in how to take a screenshot on Chromebook.
So, how will you take a screenshot on Chromebook? It just involves using keyboard shortcuts. Simply press the key combinations of Ctrl+ Show Windows. If you are using a non-Chrome OS keyboard, press CTRL+F5. Your screenshot will instantly be saved in the PNG format inside your Downloads folder.
Having understood how to take a screenshot on Chromebook using keyboard shortcuts, we will go into a little more detail in understanding the concept.
How to take a Screenshot on Chromebook?
Taking a screenshot on Chromebook can be achieved in several ways. Understanding each of them can help you understand the different ways to take a Chromebook screenshot in different situations. We will check out different Chromebook screenshot methods here.
1. Take a full-screen screenshot
If you are looking to take a screenshot of the entire screen on Chromebook, you have the best keyboard shortcuts that should come to your rescue.
Here is how you would do it –
- Go to the screen that you want to take a screenshot of.
- Press the key combinations CTRL+Switch Window
- You should find a thumbnail of the image that will be saved at the bottom right corner.
- The screenshot will be saved in your Downloads folder.
On your Chromebook keyboard, the Switch Windows button is ideally located on the top row. It should be between the Brightness Down and Fullscreen buttons. On a standard non-Chromebook keyboard, you should press the F5 button.
The screenshots are saved with a filename with the day and date of the screenshot based on exactly when it was taken. Do notice that you will not find them uploaded to Google Drive. You will need to upload them yourself.
2. How to take a screenshot on Chromebook of a select area
Just like a Chromebook screenshot can be taken of an entire screen, you can even take a screenshot of a select area of the content on the screen. The only difference between the two methods lies in the keyboard shortcuts you would use.
Here we go with how to do it –
- Pick the screen you want to take a screenshot of.
- Use the keyboard shortcuts viz Ctrl + Shift + Switch Window.
- The screen cursor will now change to a crosshair.
- Create a box with the help of the mouse or the touchpad. Make sure you create a box with the content you want to take the screenshot of.
That does it. The screenshot will be saved onto your Downloads folder.
3. How to take a screenshot on Chromebook in Tablet mode
The Chromebooks come with a 2 in 1 mode You can simply flip your device 360 degrees and use it as a tablet mode. Taking a screenshot on Chromebook in tablet mode is extremely easy and simple to go with.
Here is how you can take a screenshot on Chromebook in the tablet mode –
- Go to the screen you want to take the screenshot of.
- Press the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.
- The screenshot is saved automatically onto your Downloads folder.
You can use the Stylus for taking a screenshot on your Chromebook as well. That would be one of the simple and easy to follow options to achieve the best functionality ever.
4. Use Third-party apps and extensions to take a screenshot on Chromebook
The option to take a screenshot on Chromebook following the default options on Chromebook is a little difficult. However, there are plenty of apps and extensions that can prove to help achieve the task of how to take a screenshot on Chromebook.
Some of the best extensions and apps that prove to be handy in this scenario can include
- Fireshot – The app lets you save an entire image without the need to take multiple screenshots. One of the best advantages offered by the app would be that it provides you an option to save the file in multiple formats. You can share the images directly to OneNote and email.
- Lightshot – It can be one of the excellent options for beginners. You can drag and drop over any section of the screen to take your desired screenshots. The tool also lets you edit the screenshot, save it locally or even move it on to the cloud as well.
- Awesome screenshot – This is a professional level screenshot that can be helpful in getting access to a better degree of performance. It is a more powerful tool and lets you take both screenshot and screen capture.
Well, taking a screenshot on Chromebook is not an easy task. In fact, using it is never a straightforward action. We assume the tips here should ideally be helpful in achieving the best possible options ever.
[…] hours ago14 Views […]